The Domina advanced magnet pack allows you to tune the Domina down to hundreds of different scales. The lowest pitches achievable are D3 G#3 A#3 B3 C#4 D4 E4 F#4 (see chart below). The pack includes 10 magnets, 5 large (blue) and 5 extra large (black). The Domina comes standard with 5 medium (green) and 3 large (blue) magnets.
Tune with a simple push and a pull of the magnets up and down the tongues. Add or remove magnets or change magnet sizes on the tongue to further adjust the pitch. When the desired tuning requires the use of two extra-large (black) magnets on one tongue, be sure to keep the magnets side by side for best results instead of stacking the extra-large (black) magnets on top of each other. The medium (green) and large (blue) magnets can be stacked on the extra-large (black) magnets and each on other.
For best results, keep the magnets along the centerline of the tongues when tuning.
Here is a list of scales that are easy to tune on the Domina with the advanced magnet pack:
Major Penta in B F#3 / B3 C#4 D#4 F#4 G#4 B4 C#5
Major Penta in Bb F3 / Bb3 C4 D4 F4 G4 Bb4 C5
Major Penta in A E3 / A3 B3 C#4 E4 F#4 A4 B4
Minor Penta in B F#3 / B3 D4 E4 F#4 A4 B4 D5
Minor Penta in Bb F3 / Bb3 Db4 Eb4 F4 Ab4 Bb4 Db5
Minor Penta in A E3 / A3 C4 D4 E4 G4 A4 C5
Minor Hexa in B E3 / B3 C#4 D4 E4 F#4 A4 B4
Minor Hexa in A E3 / A3 B3 C4 D4 E4 G4 A4
Akebono in B F#3 / B3 C#4 D4 F#4 G4 B4 C#5
Akebono in Bb F3 / Bb3 C4 Db4 F4 Gb4 Bb4 C5
Akebono in A E3 / A3 B3 C4 E4 F4 A4 B4
Blues Penta in B F3 / B3 D4 E4 F4 A4 B4 D5
Blues Penta in A Eb3 / A3 C4 D4 Eb4 G4 A4 C5
Dominant 7th in B E3 / B3 C#4 E4 F#4 G#4 A4 B4
Dominant 7th in Bb Eb3 / Bb3 C4 Eb4 F4 G4 Ab4 Bb4
Dominant 7th in A E3 / A3 B3 D4 E4 F#4 G4 A4
Hijazkiar in B F#3 / B3 C4 D#4 E4 F#4 G4 A#4
Jibuk in Bb F3 / Bb3 C4 D4 Eb4 F4 G4 Ab4
Melog/Selisir in B F#3 / B3 C4 D4 F#4 G4 B4 C5
Melog/Selisir in Bb F3 / Bb3 Cb4 Db4 F4 Gb4 Bb4 Cb5
Melog/Selisir in A F3 / A3 Bb3 C4 E4 F4 A4 Bb4
Shang-Diao in Bb F3 / Bb3 C4 Eb4 F4 Ab4 Bb4 C5
Pygmy in Bb F3 / Bb3 C4 Db4 F4 Ab4 Bb4 C5
Zokuso in B E3 / B3 C4 E4 F4 G4 B4 C5
Integral in A D3 / A3 Bb3 C4 D4 E4 F4 A4
Raga Desh in B F#3 / B3 C#4 E4 F#4 A#4 B4 C#5
Raga Desh in Bb F3 / Bb3 C4 Eb4 F4 A4 Bb4 C5
Raga Desh in A E3 / A3 B3 D4 E4 G#4 A4 B4
Raga Desya Todi in B F#3 / B3 D4 E4 F#4 G4 A4 B4
Raga Desya Todi in Bb Eb3 / Bb3 Db4 Eb4 F4 Gb4 Ab4 Bb4
Raga Desya Todi in A E3 / A3 C4 D4 E4 F4 G4 A4
Sakura in B E3 / B3 C4 E4 F#4 G4 B4 C5
Sakura in Bb Eb3 / Bb3 Cb4 Eb4 F4 Gb4 Bb4 Cb5
Sakura in A E3 / A3 Bb3 D4 E4 F4 A4 Bb4
All tunings in A=440
Important Magnet and Choking Hazard Safety Warning!
Read the following warning before you buy and use the magnets.
Disclaimer: Mid-East Mfg., Inc. neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase.
Neodymium magnets are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages.
- Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets.
- Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175°F (80° C).
- The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker or other electrical body implant is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
- Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
- Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets! Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.